Name 7 things in your bag (or if you're male...wallet/ pocket):
I'll go with the bag option, 'cos there ain't much in my wallet apart from a debit card and a few other similarly shaped cards,,,
2. Paddington Here and Now
3. Wicked. (Is it terrible to admit that although I loved the musical, I'm finding the novel a bit of a chore? Hence having the Paddington book on the go as well...)
4. Pack of Citalopram
5. Pet Shop Boys' PopArtMix
6. Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons
7. A half-drunk bottle of water.
Name 6 things you do when you're really stressed:
I don't get stressed much. But when I do...
1. Listen to music
2. Listen to comedy (especially ISIHAC
3. ...and that's about it, really.
Name 5 favorite fruits:
Name 4 names you go by:
2. Mr Brider (horribly formal, IMO)
3. Brider (a subtle variation of the above. Although this was at secondary school when we were strictly on surname terms, and so about 25 years ago)
4. Hubby. This thanks to cath, who refers to Sarah & I as "Hippy and Hubby." The "hippy" part comes from Sarah's favourite Transformer, Beachcomber. The hubby part comes from the fact that, well, we're married.
Name 3 things you are wearing right now
1. A light brown shirt which I first got for our trip to Thailand but still serves me well.
2. A black t-shirt
3. Brown corduroy trousers.
What are you thinking about right now?
Where is your phone?
In front of me.
Where do you sleep?
In a bed.
Where did you get the shirt you're wearing?
Well, technically my mum bought it for me.
What was the last thing you ate?
Some Galaxy Counters. Which are kind of like Cadbury's Chocolate buttons. But tastier, because they're Galaxy.
What kind of cell phone service do you have?
I've got an iPhone, on the O2 network.
What is the closest item near you that is blue?
The closest thing I can see is a bottle of Vittel (mineral water, although it's been topped up from several tap sources since I bought it, most recently at home); although it's technically translucent, it has a blue tint to it.
What is the last movie you watched?
I think that would have been the Tintin movie, which I enjoyed hugely. I'm pretty sure everything I've seen since has been television stuff.
When did you last feel a tree with your bare hands?
I honestly don't remember!
The Strange Eleven - Eleven odd facts about yourself:
1. When was the last time you shaved your legs?
It's not something I do with any regularity. I did once run a razor down my leg to see what the results would like, but this would have been maybe 20 years ago, and the hair has very definitely grown back now.
2. What were you doing this morning at 8am?
Sleeping. Although I shouldn't've been. I overslept rather badly today.
3. Do you know the words to the song on your facebook page?
I have no song on my facebook page, to the best of my knowledge.
(I do not know where questions 4 & 5 have gone).
6. What do you wish for?
Altruistically, world peace and an end to racism, sexism, homophobia, biphobia, and any other kind of bigotry. Less altruistically, I wouldn't say no to £1,000,000.
7. When was the last time you got really hurt?
The fall I took in Swanage. I'm on the mend, but the left had side of stomach is still in a bit of pain.
8. Any plans for Friday night?
As I'm not a going out kind of person, it's quite likely that any plans for Friday will most likely involve that evening's HIGNFY and QI
9. Something you are excited about?
Nothing much right now. I'm hoping that the next few days will be rather peaceful and restful and not bring too much excitement. Although seeing Sarah tonight will be pretty exciting, especially as I've not seen her since Friday morning.
10. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
As a non-American, I don't eat Jello per se. I suppose my favourite jelly (as in the UK meaning of the word) would be lemon. But I don't even eat that much.
11. Describe your key chains.
Erm...my house keys are on a fairly anonymous key ring, while my car key also contains my Tesco club card.
1. Do you know anyone in prison?
Not to the best of my knowledge.
2. If so, who?
5. Have you ever gotten naked at a party?
I tend not to get invited to those sorts of parties.
6. Who do you miss?
Sarah, when I'm not with her. My friends, when I'm not with them. My family, when I'm not with them.
7. Are you named after a grandparent?
No, I'm named after my dad - well, his first and second name are my second and third names.
8. Who loves you?
Sarah, hopefully. I hope there are some other people as well, but that would have to be strictly platonic.
9. Have you ever broken a rib?
No, but I probably bruised one during the fall in Swanage.
10. Would you rather be a girl or a guy?
I don't know. I'm happy as I am - mostly male, with a bit of a feminine side to my nature, and sometimes wishing I could just be totally non-gender-specific. If that makes sense. I never think of myself as a "guy", though...
11. Who is the most spoiled person you know?
I don't know.
12. Would you rather have a million dollars or true love?
I think I'd like both, in an ideal world.
13. Have you ever had sex in church?
Again, I don't get invited to those sorts of
15. Would you rather date someone 2 years younger or older?
I'd rather stay married to my wife, thank you. ^_^
16. What's your favorite junk food?
KFC - large crispy strips meal, 7-Up to drink, and also a brazer sans cheese.
17. Do you have hobbies or collect anything?
Yeah. See my LJ interests for more details. Does my Doctor Who DVD/video/CD collection count as a collection per se, or is it just that I buy them because I'd like to watch/listen to them,?
18. Is your birthday on a holiday?
Not by the American definition of holiday, although it's a week before Christmas day so could sometimes just about be part of the school Christmas holidays depending on when exactly we broke up. And I have often taken it as a day off work anyway.
19. Are you old enough to vote?
Old enough, yes. Wise enough? You make up your own minds.
20. Do you have any friends or family in the war right now?
21. Are you a vegetarian?
22. Do you worry about global warming?
23. Do you like Polar bears?
They're alright. They look cute enough, but they can be a wee bit vicious. Yesterday I watched otters being fed. I like otters. Can we talk some more about otters?
24. If you won the lottery what's the first thing you would buy?
I'd pay off mine and Sarah's existing debts.
25. Did you lose your virginity to your neighbour?
26. Did or do you think your childhood dreams will come true?
I think I've always wanted to be a writer - as in, published. And that's not come true yet. But who knows what the future holds?
28. Are you a country or city girl/boy?
I'm very definitely a town/city boy. I enjoy the country as a place to visit and have long walks, but I wouldn't be without a decent supply of geek shops that you just don't get in the country.
29. Are you taller than 5'6"?
By six inches, yes.
30. Do you consider yourself spoiled?
Not particularly, no. OTOH, I've got a good job and a loving wife and three square meals a day and a roof over my head and there're a lot of people who can't claim that, so it's all relative, isn't it?