- Yesterday's car CD was a vinyl rip of Now That's What I Call Music 8 (the second disc). Hugely entertaining. A few skips and glitches, but they can be fixed (at some point I'll be borrowing Tim's copies, which will help me patch up the problems on those that I own. Now 9 I think is past help..!). Contemporary Now albums say a lot more about the '80s than any retrospective documentary can manage...
- Have booked Thursday off work. That's mainly for Kate Griffin's signing at Forbidden Planet in the evening, but I'm also going to see The Woman in Black. 12:15pm. I shall be emerging from the cinema into the broad daylight. This is good. :-)
- Got home to find that my DVD of D.E.B.S. had arrived, so yay!
- On which note, as I'm a little bit hard up, my Amazon orders are currently making use of the £30:00 Amazon gift voucher given to me by Sarah's mum Rita for my birthday last year. So, a huge shout-out for Rita, and indeed for mothers-in-law in general. I know that mothers-in-law sometimes get a bad rap, mainly as a result of certain comedians in the '70s - to the extent that Rita doesn't really like being called a mother-in-law. But hey, I think I've got a great mum-in-law. So, IMO, does Sarah (yes, I may be biased, but I love my mum). For that matter, my sister Antonia has a good mother-in-law too. So there.
- Watched University Challenge last night (it's a Monday fixture, frankly). The team I was championing (Manchester, mainly because I like the team captain) won, so yay!
- After that, I - belatedly - started watching the first episode of Eternal Law, which was good fun. I particularly liked Sam West, but the whole thing in general was enjoyable. I'll probably try to watch an episode a night.
- Today's car CD is Sarah's Songs to make you feel good, which, like Ronseal, does what it says on the tin. Well, on the CD cover. Ended the journey with a smile on my face singing cheerfully along to The Divine Comedy's Everybody Knows.
- Received a call from the person who runs the group therapy sessions at the local surgery. Going to meet her for an initial chat on Thursday 1st March.
So, it's been a good 24 hours.