2. Who said "I love you" first? I honestly can't remember. I remember our first kiss, though; it was shortly after our first date. In the middle of it, a bus went past very very loudly and I turned round and said, "excuse me, I'm kissing my girlfriend here!" At least that's how I remember it.
3. Who is the morning person? Used to be me, to Sarah's irritation, but these days I'm not really much cop at mornings. Or evenings. Or afternoons. Or...well, actually I'm okay at nights. Mainly because that tends to involve sleeping, which I can do with my eyes closed.
4. Who sings better? I think we're both about even on that front.
5. Who's older? Me, by about six-and-a-half years.
6. Who's smarter? In dress sense or intellect? If the former, Sarah - she will often dress up for what I'll regard as a fairly casual night out. If the latter, we're about even - we have different areas of smart, but heck, I've got a degree and Sarah's nearly got one (just a few months to go), so neither of us are exactly dunderheads. On the other hand, Sarah has more of what I guess you'd call worldly wisdom, commonsense, that sort of thing.
7. Whose temper is worse? I think I'd say Sarah. Neither of us have particularly bad tempers, but I tend to have a sort of "water off a duck's back" attitude to most things in life, whereas Sarah will occasionally - very occasionally - flare up.
8. Who does the laundry? We tend to each take care of our own things.
9. Who does the dishes? Me. Simply because I'm oldfashioned enough to believe that one of the main points of washing up is to get things clean, and when Sarah washes stuff up, she, erm, doesn't always manage that.
10. Who sleeps on what side of the bed? We don't normally share a bed as the main bed isn't really big enough. On the occasions when we do, I tend to gravitate towards...well, if we were both laying on the bed on our backs, from our perspective, I'd be on the left and Sarah on the right. Does that make sense?
11. Whose feet are bigger? Mine.
12. Whose hair is longer? Mine, partly by virtue of the fact that I haven't had it cut since around last June, at which point I deliberately had it left fairly long at the back (and was promptly accused of having a mullet). I think it's about due a cut.
13. Who's better with the computer? Sarah. I mean, I can use a computer, but Sarah's the person to go to if you've got any computer issues (which is why she works in tech support...)
14. Do you have pets? No. I'd love cats, but Sarah's allergies, along with time and money issues, mean it's highly unlikely to happen. I sometimes think I might get a couple of goldfish. But you can't cuddle them like you can cats.
15. Who pays the bills? We both pay our share of the actual bills, but Sarah normally covers groceries and fuel on top of that. In fairness, she earns about three times more than me...
16. Who cooks dinner? We tend, normally, to eat separately. I think the last few times we've shared a meal, I've cooked, but that's mainly because I'm such a fussy beggar. We have our mothers joining us for a meal in a couple of weeks. I suspect I'll cook for that, but we'll see.
17. Who drives when you are together? Normally Sarah. When I'd just learned to drive, I was always eager to be the one who'd do the driving, but as I'm doing about a couple of hours on the road every day getting to work and back, quite frankly any driving that needs to be done at the weekend, I'm more than happy to hand Sarah the keys.
18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? Fifty-fifty. Tends to be me nearer the start of the month, Sarah nearer the end.
19. Who's the most stubborn? Me. Well, actually, neither of us will really back down if we're convinced we're right. I think I tend to go the extra mile and a bit by virtue of being a bit OCD - I just want to see things through to the end, so I have a sort of...dogged tenaciousness.
20. Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong? If we're ever wrong, we'll admit to it.
21. Whose family do you see more? Well, Sarah normally goes to visit her mum once a week, and her sister and brother-in-law and their kids live fairly nearby (in Watford), so it'd be Sarah's. But we enjoy spending time with each other's families - it's just a distance thing that means we don't see mine more often.
22. Who named your pet? See previous question about lack of pets.
23. Who kissed who first? We just sort of kissed each other.
24. Who asked who out? Me. We'd travelled up to a Doctor Who convention together - not as an item, just for company - and then when I got back home I realised I'd fallen for Sarah ever so slightly (in the words of Hugh Grant's character from Love, Actually: "Oh no, that is so inconvenient..."), and I decided to risk it and ask her out. Which I did. By email.
25. What did you do on your first date? Travelled into London, mooched around a bit, saw Trafalgar Square (the Christmas tree was up, IIRC), and then went to see The Incredibles in Finchley somewhere.
26. Who's more sensitive? Me, easily.
27. Who's taller? Me, although I always get Sarah's height wrong. She's a few inches shorter than me, but nowhere near as much as I usually think.
28. Who has more friends? Gosh. No idea. I think I've tried to keep in touch with more friends from my school and university days, and we have a fair few mutual friends through fandom, LJ, church and the like. I think I've probably got more, but I honestly don't know.
29. Who has more siblings? Me. Sarah has a sister, I've got three. Well, half-sisters technically, but who'd counting?
30. Who wears the trousers in the relationship? As Sarah is fond of saying - I wear the trousers, she chooses the colours. That's not really true, though. I think we're both fairly strong-willed, independent-minded people, and are more than capable of making our own individual decisions. Fortunately, on most matters that affect us as a couple, we see fairly eye to eye. On the occasions where we disagree, it's fairly 50/50; depends which aspect of my personality kicks in, my dogged tenaciousness (see above) or my desire to take the path of least resistance...