This could be a bit of a long shot - back in probably the early '80s I read a short story called "The Nondescript". I think it was basically a children's story - the plot, IIRC, involved a creature with huge eyes in a glass case, and a young lad went to sleep and during the night the creature started coming to life and its eyes started glowing. It fair freaked me out at the time, I can tell you! But I'd quite like to track down a copy - does anyone have any idea a.) who wrote it and b.) where I might be able to find a copy?
Erm...who said it could snow again?
I hope tomorrow it's either a.) not too bad or b.) so bad I can't get to work - I can do without half measures.
I also hope I'm able to get to Sarah's without any major hassle.
For that matter, I hope Sarah is able to get to Sarah's without any major hassle...
First letter meme thing.
It's harder than it looks! Copy to your own LJ, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag ten people.
Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real...nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, you must use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question.
1. What is your name : David
2. A four letter word : Duck
3. A boy's name : Daniel
4. A girl's name : Davina
5. An occupation : Database Administrator (it doesn't say I can't use my own job...)
6. A colour : Denim
7. Something you'll wear : Drag (unlikely, but you never know)
THERE IS NO EIGHT!!!
9. An example of food : Doughnuts
10. Something found in the bathroom : Duck-shaped toilet cleaner holder. (Seriously. I can post a picture if you really want.)
11. A place : Droitwich
12. A reason for being late : Death
13. Something you'd shout : "Drop it or I'll shout 'bang'!"
14. A movie title : Donnie Darko
15. Something you drink: Diet lemonade, at a pinch, but I prefer the real thing.
16. A musical group : Dubstar
17. An animal : Dog
18. A street name : Dover Street (the one in London, near where Sarah works)
19. A type of car : Datsun
20. The title of a song : Disappointed