Gacked from beren_writes. Because quite frankly, there is not enough fluff around.
Tomorrow may be Friday the 13th, but rather than it being a day of DOOMTM some of us would like to make it a day of FLUFF.
The idea is this:
Let's make fandom as a whole smile and go awww. And when I say 'as a whole' I mean fandom as it encompasses all of us whether we be RPSers, Harry Potter fans, Merlin fans ... any one at all.
Tomorrow, post fluff in your LJ with "Fluff Friday" at the top in big letters. Pure fluff, smutty fluff, flangst - anything as long as it has The Fluff :).
If you write and feel up do doing a new ficlet then do so, any fandom, any pairing, any rating.
If you don't feel up to writing or are a reader then rec your favourite fluff fic, telling us why you love it.
Then link back to where you picked up Fluff Friday from your post and post a comment on their entry so we are all joined like one big spider's web of fluff.
This was inspired by lirren's posts about bringing the love back to fandom. There are terrible things going on in the world and wank a plenty all over everyone's fandoms, but for one day, let's just go with the fluff. Please consider playing along. *hugs*
If you would like to bully talk your flists into playing too, here is the code for this announcement:
This could be a bit of a long shot - back in probably the early '80s I read a short story called "The Nondescript". I think it was basically a children's story - the plot, IIRC, involved a creature with huge eyes in a glass case, and a young lad went to sleep and during the night the creature started coming to life and its eyes started glowing. It fair freaked me out at the time, I can tell you! But I'd quite like to track down a copy - does anyone have any idea a.) who wrote it and b.) where I might be able to find a copy?
Rules: It's harder than it looks! Copy to your own LJ, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag ten people.
Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real...nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, you must use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question.
1. What is your name : David
2. A four letter word : Duck
3. A boy's name : Daniel
4. A girl's name : Davina
5. An occupation : Database Administrator (it doesn't say I can't use my own job...)
6. A colour : Denim
7. Something you'll wear : Drag (unlikely, but you never know)
THERE IS NO EIGHT!!!
9. An example of food : Doughnuts
10. Something found in the bathroom : Duck-shaped toilet cleaner holder. (Seriously. I can post a picture if you really want.)
11. A place : Droitwich
12. A reason for being late : Death
13. Something you'd shout : "Drop it or I'll shout 'bang'!"
14. A movie title : Donnie Darko
15. Something you drink: Diet lemonade, at a pinch, but I prefer the real thing.
16. A musical group : Dubstar
17. An animal : Dog
18. A street name : Dover Street (the one in London, near where Sarah works)