David Mitchell's new News quiz programme. I'm torn between "does the world need another News-based quiz show" and "it's got David Mitchell in it, it'll be ace" (mainly the latter, though...), but...
The music in the trailer. I've finally worked out where I recognise it from - an episode of Spaced (I think the first ep of the second series, where we're being re-introduced to all the characters), but - does anyone know what it actually is? 'Cos I like it and wouldn't mind tracking down a copy of it...
In unrelated news, I really ought to change my LJ theme, 'cos about a month and a half ago it was relevant and up-to-date, and now...it isn't.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My middle names (William John) are my father's first two names. I'm not sure where the David itself came from, though.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I honestly don't remember.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It's not bad. What other people think of it is another matter...
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
I try not to.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes. I think.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. No way
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Coco Pops, Sugar Puffs, Alpen.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
As I have a pair of slip-ons...no.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
Lemon, although it's not very easy to come by.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Depends on the person, really.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I need to lose a heck of a lot of weight.
17. WHOM DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
In terms of people who've died, Charlotte Coleman and my grandmother. I also miss my ex, but as far as I'm aware she's still alive.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
'Tis up to them.
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Jeans, blue. No shoes at the moment.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Sarah's watching yesterday afternoon's Wales/Scotland match.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
I don't know. Red has always been my favourite colour, so maybe that?
23. FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Freshly ground coffee, freshly mown grass, and freshly baked bread.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Apart from Sarah, my mum.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Don't really have any, but I can cope with snooker and cricket (don't go out of my way to watch them) and I'm happy to indulge Sarah's support of the Welsh rugby team.
27. HAIR COLOUR?
28. EYE COLOUR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope, glasses. I've sometimes thought about contacts, but...I don't think I could cope.
30. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Many and varied. At the moment, going through a phase for cod in breadcrumbs, with spuds, peas, and a fair bit of tomato ketchup. Also chicken with roast spuds, peas, and lots and lots of gravy. (Also works without the chicken. And indeed without the peas. Roast spuds and lots and lots of gravy is lovely, IMO.)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. I don't like being scared at all.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Honestly can't remember! I was watching Titanic, but most of what I've been watching lately has been TV (live or DVD). Yesterday I watched all of The Curse of Peladon. That was fun.
33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Sort of a blue check pattern.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
I like both, really. But I'm more of a spring person - I don't really like extremes of temperature.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
With Sarah, both. With people in general, I quite like hugs.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Return to Hundred Acre Wood. Which is just wonderful.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
At work, a Cyberman picture (the sort of logo of a Cyberman head from Tomb of the Cybermen). Which I guess makes it a Cyber mat. (Ouch.) At home, I'm using a Red Dwarf DVD case...
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
The Virtual Revolution. I don't think I'll use the internet again...
42. FAVOURITE SOUND(S)?
Good music, played loud. Sarah saying "I love you".
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Given the choice, Beatles. But honestly, I think the Kinks and the Who are far better than either.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
That'll be the family visit to Thailand back in December '07. Fun, but I could have done without the time actually in the 'plane (although coming back was worse than going out there).
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can't think of one. Neither can Sarah. So that's a "no".
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?