Step 2: Post the first line from the first 37 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own.
I'm actually going to do it slightly differently - keeping comments screened, and awarding points - 1 per song title, and 1 per artist. And see who can get the most points...
Well, after cutting out a few instrumentals and spoken word tracks, here we go:
- Oooh yeah, oooh yeah, another winter of your discontent; I know how you scream and shout.
- Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '99
- I wasn't expecting this, now everything is destroyed.
- There's a place where the streets shine with the glory of the lamb.
- You're a no good heart breaker, you're a liar and a cheat.*
- The time to rise has been engaged.
- I lift my eyes to you, eyes that have seen a thing or two.
- Once I had a name, forgotten now.
- Is it fair to say the world's gone bad?
- Society frowns on blowing one's own trumpet.
- I have heard so many songs, listened to a thousand tongues.
- In a way, it's all a matter of time; I will not worry for you, You'll be just fine
- [½ title] you are my friend, but you are made of bone.
- Love, spinning around, drowning my fear.
- Darlin', I was hoping that we could pretend.
- All I have in this world is more than a king could wish for.
- [title], aah-aah, saviour of the universe.
- They can come true, yeah, they can come true.
- Everybody's looking for that something.
- I call you when I need you and my heart's on fire.
- Get that feeling, head is reeling, you think you're in control.
- No I can't forget this evening, or your face as you were leaving.*
- God was cruel to make you torture me with dreams that can't come true.
- [title], look what it's done to me, brought me down here so low, stranded, nowhere to go.
- I'd like to be under the sea.
- There'll never be another quite like you, I'm so involved with everything you do.
- Lose the past, now is better.
- The disease of my soul was spreading.
- Everyday, so many pressures, life's full of lies, and love is the hardest thing
- I knew she was a feline, she moved with ease and grace.
- Ante up and don't be shy, who is that man who is catching my eye?
- [title], a chihuahua, when I get back to my small flat [½ title] to hear somebody bark.
- [½ title x 3], tick, ticking away, tick, ticking away like a [title]
- [title] and the furnace for gold.
- I am a stranger here, I don't fit in, I'm out of place.
- Oh how I love my [title], [title] in the afternoon.
- Wandering through the back roads, and the rain comes rushing down.
*The version on my iPod is a cover version. Points will be awarded for getting either the original artist, or working out whose cover version it is I've got.
ETA: The, um, scores on the doors so far:
multiclassgeek: 18 points
ihavecake: 12 points
pinkishmew: 8 points
mirabehn: 4 points
vindaloo_vixen: 4 points
r_scribbles: 2 points
antice: 1 point