1. What movie have you seen the most time in the theater? How many times?
In the cinema ("theater"! Tch...), that'd be Back to the Future Part II, which I saw four times on successive Saturdays when it came out. It didn't play at our local cinema, so I had to go to Brentwood to see it.
2. What was the last movie you walked out of in the theater?
I don't think I ever have done.
3. What is the first movie you remember seeing in a theater?
The first Star Wars film.
4. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Dunno...there are several - the stirring orchestral stuff like Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings scores I really love; the Back to the Future soundtrack is quite good (the Huey Lewis & the News, Eric Clapton and Lindsey Buckingham tracks are entertaining, as is the "Marty McFly and the Starlighters" rendition of Jonny B Goode), and I'm quite fond of the '80s stuff in Peter's Friends.
5. Have you ever dressed up as a movie character for Halloween? If so, who?
No. Dressing up isn't really my thing. Neither's Hallowe'en, really.
6. What was the first R-rated movie you ever saw? Were you allowed or did you sneak?
When I was...about 11 or 12, I went to a schoolfriend's party and part of the entertainment was The Life of Brian.
7. Star Wars (orig. trilogy) or Lord of the Rings?
Difficult to choose, but I think I'll go with Star Wars if only because it's shorter and more manageable in one sitting.
8. Pacino or DeNiro?
Not particularly fond of either.
9. Titanic...did it suck or was it great?
I really like it. Actually, that's an understatement - I think I've watched it more than any other film, although I often skip the '90s framing sequence and just watch the stuff on the ship itself.
10. What's your take on Cassavetes?
No idea. I recognise the name, but I don't know who he is.
11. Favorite John Hughes character?
As above. But without the recognising the name bit.
12. What movie gives you a boner (or makes you tingle)?
"Boner" as in turns me on? Well, let's face it, I was 13 when I saw Return of the Jedi. Princess Leia + Gold bikini was, I'm sure, a formative moment in many a pubescent lad's growing up.
13. What movie always makes you cry like the big puss you are?
Don't really have one. On TV, there's always the Press Gang episode Love and War, which inevitably brings me to tears, but I can't think of any films that have had that effect.
14. What's the furthest you've ever gotten in a movie theater? (i.e, second base...)
Erm...no, I go to the cinema to watch films. Mind you, an honourable mention for The Incredibles, which was mine and huntingospray's first date movie.
15. Speaking of sports metaphors, what's your favorite sports movie?
Given my general apathy towards sports...I don't have one.
16. (a) Favorite... teen movie?
Can't think of one, although I've probably got several.
(b)...Quentin Tarantino movie?
Never seen any.
(c)...Bill Murray movie?
Don't really have one.
Does Carry on Screaming count? 'Cos I've a low tolerance threshold for genuinely horrific and gory stuff, so generally don't watch any.
(g)...made for TV movie?
Again, can't think of any. Apart from the 1996 Doctor Who TVM, and it's going to be a long while before that's my favourite anything.
Don't have one.
17. What movie have you seen already but will never, ever, ever watch again?
I can't think of any that I've ever felt that strongly about.
18. What movie are you embarrassed to really like?
There are no films I'm embarrassed about, despite Sarah's attempts to persuade me that romcoms are rubbish.
19. What movie should be remade asap?
I'm not really a fan of the idea of remakes, although I guess seeing as how it's so popular on the TV these days, remaking the '60s Doctor Who movies (with, like, really decent effects) could be an interesting endeavour.
20. What the F happened to (insert answer)? He used to be so damn funny!
Crispin Glover? Good in BTTF, but I've not seen him in anything since. That could be because I don't watch the kind of films he makes.
21. For the love of everything that's sacred, please someone stop (insert answer) from making another movie!
22. What movie do all your friends love but you think is whatevs?
Well, I wouldn't say I think it's "whatevs", but there're a fair few folks on the Flist who love High School Musical, and I've yet to see it. I will do, though.
23. What movie do you love but all your friends think is whatevs?
Probably The Sound of Music, which I was surprised to discover, after buying the DVD, that Tim wasn't prepared to let me watch it while he was in the room, and Sarah dislikes it as well. Also, I love Return of the Jedi, especially the Ewoks, and would probably rate it as the best film in the original trilogy (and no, not just for Leia in the bikini) - I'm aware that that's very much a minority opinion.
24. If you could hump/date/marry any movie character, who would it be?
Oh, Scarlett from Four Weddings and a Funeral. Because it's Charlotte.
Oh God. Really, really tough one. I mean, I could draw up a list of ten favourite films (and still be agonising over what to include and leave off) but to name an absolute favourite? I suspect, if only because of the sheer number of times I've seen it - and it never fails to thrill and excite and engross me in the action - and I know that it's a film with its detractors, but meh - I'd have to say Titanic
26. Book you wish would be made into a movie, and who would direct it?
I'd like to see a film (or series of films) adapted from Julian May's novels - the saga of the Pliocene Exiles, Intervention, and the Galactic Milieu trilogy. They could be wonderful. Rope in Peter Jackson to direct.