1. What are your reasons for having a LJ?
Originally, I started it because I was horribly behind with my paper diary and having an LJ was a helpful way of reminding me of what I was doing on any given date. Nowadays, it's still a bit of that, but also I enjoy making friends and getting to know people, and taking part in communities (especially meet-ups and geek-ups which I enjoy hugely).
2. What do you do before bedtime?
Watch a bit of telly (at the moment, having been inspired by the ITV3 re-runs, I'm watching series 6 of Goodnight, Sweetheart, before getting back into series 3 of Buffy). If I'm spectacularly disorganised, have a meal (I don't like to start cooking later than 9:00pm, but it happens). Sometimes play a video game on Tim's X-Box (at the moment I'm on Dead Rising). Check emails, post on a few online forums, then head to bed - where I might do a bit of casual reading or a killer sudoku before actually getting to sleep.
3. What will your dream wedding be like?
Nothing wildly extravagant. The ceremony will be at Chorleywood Free Church (a Baptist church, Sarah's home church when she was growing up) - we're hoping to be able to involve people from Oasis (my church) and the Barking Salvation Army (Sarah's church). The reception will be at the Watermill in Hemel Hempstead, and I'm hoping to get some of my church friends who are in a band to play some songs, as well as asking the guy who runs our regular pub quiz to DJ. I'd basically, though, like it to be a happy experience for everyone involved, whatever happens.
4. What is the city of your dreams and why?
I like Chelmsford - it took me a while to reach that point, having felt forced back to here after I finished university and my marriage fell apart. Having said that that, for all that I like living in Chelmsford (and I'm also fond of London, but only to visit), I'd actually like to live in a village.
ETA: Or Wales. I've visited Cardiff and Swansea a few times in the past few years, and both are places I could comfortably settle. Although Caerphilly trumps both of them. :o)
5. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
I think both are great things, and wouldn't want to choose.
7. Do you trust easily?
Given that I've been hurt rather badly in the past, I think I trust far too easily. But on the other hand, I'd rather be trusting than cynical.
8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?
Well, as I'm already attached, nothing.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
The capacity of people to be really, calculatedly, deliberately hurtful.
10. What are your best qualities?
Well, I like to think I'm fairly intelligent. I also hope I'm friendly and kindhearted, and fairly easygoing.
11. Is being tagged fun?
Yes, on the whole. *g*
12. How do you see yourself?
13. Who are currently the most important people to you?
Sarah. My family. My particularly close friends.
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Well, I've not actually been tagged, but from what I can tell I think that flickums seems a very caring person, rather geeky, and rather...I'm trying to find the right word - I want to say "passionate" but that's not quite right. All-or-nothing; committed; not into half measures.
15. Would you rather be single and rich or married but poor?
Married but poor. Although that's really plan B.
16. How many children do you want to have, if any?
Don't know. I get very broody around kids, but since the birth of Jakob, I sort of feel I'm able to enjoy a sort of surrogate parenthood vicariously, and I'm not sure I'm a.) ready for all the less-than-savoury aspects of child-rearing or b.) cut out for fatherhood. On the other hand, Sarah is quite keen to have children, so...never say never. Who knows what the future holds. I think if we have kids, though, we'd probably stop at two.
17. What's better, to give or to receive?
Depends on a.) what's being given and b.) what's being received.
18. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously, who would you pick?
I have no idea.
19. Would you have 100% safe sex with a stranger for $10,000,000?
Morally, no. But fiscally, I could do with the money. Although I'd probably give most of it to charity.
20. What were your parents going to name you if you'd been born the opposite sex?
I can't remember. I think it was Victoria or Elizabeth. One of them.