Gacked from r_scribbles
Choose five series (no peeking before you choose them), list them, and then answer the questions behind the cut...
- Doctor Who
- Press Gang
- Quantum Leap
- Blake's 7
1. Which is your favorite series from your list? And why?
Doctor Who, easily. Although Press Gang runs it a very close second.
2. If you were to pair two characters from 1 and 4, who would they be?
Grief. It's not something I've ever thought of (these days I'm just generally pairing Ianto Jones with people from every show imaginable, but I forgot to put Torchwood in there). Off the top of my head, Turlough/Simon could be interesting.
3. What is one thing you'd like to change about 3's plotline?
The last episode.
4. If both main characters of 2 and 5 were falling off a cliff, which one would you save?
I'd need you to define "main character" for both series, really. But assuming Lynda for 2 and Blake for 5, I think I'd go for Lynda.
5. Which event was the most horrible for you in 1?
Silver Nemesis. Nothing to do with the plot, it's just that it's the only serial for which I can find pretty much no redeeming features.
6. Which is your least favorite character of 2?
Julie. I like her, but I've never really been massively sure about Lucy Benjamin as an actress anyway, and certainly in the first series she was rather poorly written. Better when she came back for series 4 & 5, though.
7. What song reminds you of 5?
The theme song.
8. Of 1, 3, and 5, which is the easiest to think about?
Doctor Who, easily. It's been such a part of my life for the past 33 years, I'd say it's difficult not to think about it!
9. Are the protagonists of 2 and 4 similar?
Again, define "protagonists". They're so much ensemble pieces that for me, picking one character to call the central protagonist would be cheating a bit. However, I guess as Lynda is the editor and Mal is the captain...I don't know, I don't think they're particularly similar - Lynda is fairly ruthless and amoral and career-minded, whereas Mal is (or strikes me as) an upfront, fairly moral guy - not perfect, but doing his best to survive and to help out his crew. He'd probably die for the crew of the Serenity - I'm not sure Lynda would do that (and yeah, maybe I could do with re-watching The Last Word...
Now Colin Mathews and Badger, there I think I might see a bit of comparison... *g*
Of course, I wish I'd included Supernatural in that list. And frankly, I'd've liked to have put Harry Potter as well. Oh well.