1. Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey?
Yes. Well, I'm not sure it takes guts, but there y'go.
2. Would you do meth if it was legal?
Is it terrible to admit that I'm not entirely sure what meth is? But I suspect not.
3. Abortion: for or against it?
I don't think it's a terribly good idea, but I'd rather it was made available legally and safely and people given the right to choose whether to terminate a pregnancy.
4. Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
Depends on the president.
5. Do you believe in the death penalty?
6. Do you wish marijuana would be legalised already?
Don't know. For medical use, yes, but for recreational purposes, probably no.
7. Are you for or against premarital sex?
It's not for me, but if other people want to, then that's fine by me.
8. Do you believe in God?
9. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalised?
Yes. And none of this beating around the bush and calling it "civil partnerships" either. Just let same-sex couples get married same as opposite-sex couples can. It doesn't hurt anyone, and most of the people who are opposed to it are people who aren't remotely affected by it.
10. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?
I think it's wrong that the legal system declares their moving to the USA to be illegal. If you see what I mean. I don't think there should be anything to stop people moving from one country to another, as long as they're law-abiding folks and not out to cause trouble. Often the borders are arbitrary manmade lines on a map and have no relevance to anything real or tangible. Even when they do - like a mountain range or a river or an ocean - people don't own the countries they live in, and they should be a bit less picky about sharing those countries with people born elsewhere.
11. A twelve year old girl has a baby, should she keep it?
It's up to her, and the father, and their families.
12. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?
I take it it's not already 18 in the USA (as this seems to be a US-centric quiz). In which case, I can only say that an alcohol age of 18 doesn't seem to cause any problems in the UK, so yes, I don't see why it would be a problem.
13. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
14. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?
It may be illegal, but whether it should be is another matter.
15. Do you believe in spanking your children?
I hope it's not something I'd ever do.
16. Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?
Why not? A flag's just a bit of cloth, and I could do with the money.
17. Who do you think would make a better president? McCain or Obama?
Obama, no question.
18. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Not afraid, as such. It's bound to happen. I suspect that most of my friends probably wouldn't view my answers as particularly controversial anyway.