- Available: Newp. Taken by huntingospray
- Age: 38. For another week.
- Annoyance: Intolerance and bigotry (especially homophobia). War.
- Animal: Cats.
- Beer: Teetotal. At the moment. (I'd quite like to try a bit of whisky.)
- Birthday: Next Thursday.
- Best friends: Sarah. But I think all my friends are pretty darned wonderful.
- Body part on opposite sex: Well, I fell in love with Sarah's eyes (they're a wonderful dark brown colour).
- Best feeling in the world: Being loved - by Sarah, by friends, by family.
- Best weather: Cool, mellow spring days.
- Been in love: Oh yes.
- Been on stage?: Yes. Acted in some school and church pantomimes.
- Believe in magic: Not sure. Probably. Possibly.
- Believe in God: Yes.
- Believe in Santa: Yes, but he doesn't believe in me anymore.
- Candy: If you mean chocolate...well, I shouldn't. But I'm quite fond of Bounty bars.
- Color: I've always liked red.
- Chocolate/Vanilla: Depends on the context.
- Chinese/Mexican: Neither, thanks - I'm a really fussy eater.
- Cake or pie: Cake.
- Continent/Country to visit: Egypt's top of my list of foreign countries to go to, but there's loads of places in Britain I'd like to visit.
- Cheese: Cathedral City Extra Mature, for preference.
- Day or night: Day.
- Dance in the rain?: I haven't done, but heck, why not?
- Eggs: None too keen.
- Eyes: Light blue.
- Everyone's got a(n): alibi..?
- Ever failed a class?: Geography, ISTR, was one of my weaknesses at school.
- Full name: David William John Brider. But I answer to David. Or Uncle Deedee, if you're my nephew. Or Dai, if you're my fiancée.
- Food: Pizza, fish soup, Nando's chicken, salt & vinegar crisps.
- Greatest fear: Spiders. Sharp pointy objects (broken glass, scalpels).
- Goals: Contentment. Happiness would be nice, but contentment is a find substitute.
- Gum: I'd rather not.
- Get along with your parents?: Yes.
- Good luck charm: Don't really have any.
- Hair Color: Well, I call it mousy brown. Both Sarah and my ex insist it's dark blond, which I think is a meaningless contradiction.
- Height: 6 feet.
- Happy: At the moment, yes.
- Holiday: Well, we've not planned it specifically, but I'm looking forward to our honeymoon in Egypt. Apart from that, I'd quite like to enjoy some weeks and long weekends away with Sarah.
- How do you want to die: Peacefully in bed. Either that, or going out fighting.
- Ice cream: Ooh, yes. Although I prefer a good well made lemon sorbet.
- Instrument: Piano, keyboards, acoustic guitar, sequencer (!).
- Jewellery: Don't really wear any, apart from the occasional badge.
- Job: Database Administrator. Unless you work in IT, in which case database updater and maintainer.
- Kids: Two nephews and a niece. It'd be quite nice to have my own offspring one day, but I'm less committed to that than I used to be.
- Kickboxing or karate: Neither, thanks.
- Keep a journal?: Well, there's this LJ - which started out as, and in many respects still is, mostly a diary, just one that happens to be online.
- Longest car ride: Not sure; probably going up to Driffield to see an old friend of mine was the longest I did in one day (Sarah was driving). Or, no, Stockton for the two Doctor Who conventions that we went to up there would have been further.
- Love: Sarah, pretty obviously.
- Letter: D.
- Laughed so hard you cried: Normally when watching a particularly good HIGNFY or Mock the Week.
- Milk flavour: Strawberry shakes are always good.
- Movies: Give me a romcom. Or just a plain old rom. Or a sci-fi action thing.
- Motion sickness?: I don't think so, no.
- McD’s or BK: Both have options that I like, but as I'm not much into burgers per se I don't go to either very often.
- Number of siblings: Three.
- Number of piercings: None. Yet. I've sometimes thought about getting an ear pierced. But it's not something I've made specific plans for.
- Number: 4
- One wish: That my next marriage lasts for the rest of my life.
- Perfect pizza: Cheese and tomato.
- Pepsi/Coke: Neither, thanks. I'll have a Ribena.
- Quail: Pass.
- Reason to cry: Physical pain or emotional unhappiness.
- Reality T.V.: Please, no, anything but that!!!
- Radio station: Don't really listen to much. Used to tune into Premier regularly but haven't for ages. Radio 4 has The Now Show, which make it full of win.
- Roll your tongue in a circle?: Why?
- Ring size: Not sure. Guess I'll have to find out!
- Song: Many and varied. Quite into Under the Milky Way by the Church at the moment.
- Shoe size: 10.
- Salad dressing: Heinz salad cream.
- Sushi: I said I was a picky eater, didn't I?
- Slept outside: No, not that I recall. I prefer a bed.
- Skinny dipped?: I think I did when I was on holiday in Majorca with my friend Kat. Or it could be that she did and I chickened out. Which is more likely, on reflection.
- Shower daily?: Ideally, yes, but some days I wake up too late and just hold my head under the shower.
- Sing well?: Yeah, I'm not bad.
- In the shower?: Yes, the theme tune from the Smurfs normally.
- Swear?: I try not to.
- Strawberries/Blueberries: I prefer the former.
- Time for bed: I aim for 10:00pm, but frequently miss.
- Thunderstorms: Less than ideal, but they don't scare me.
- Unpredictable: Lamentably not so.
- Vacation spot: Somewhere quiet, peaceful and rural.
- Weakness: Probably many and varied.
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you: I can't think of any. I may be unique.
- Who makes you laugh the most: Not so much "who" as "what" - a good episode of HIGNFY or Mock the Week or The Now Show normally gets me giggling.
- Worst feeling: Being hurt by people.
- Wanted to be a model?: Model citizen, maybe.
- Where do we go when we die?: The great thingummy wotsit in the sky.
- Worst weather?: Torrential incessant rain can be a grind.
- X-Rays: Can't think of the last time I had one.
- Exes: One serious (we got married) and two or three less so (brief-lived relationships).
- Year it is now: 2008. For three weeks.
- Yellow: Yes, I probably am.
- Zoo animal: Lions and tigers. Oh my.