1. Will you be looking for a new job in 2009?
Depends. Right now, the plan is still for Sarah and I to find somewhere to live in Letchworth, and for me to have learned to drive and to therefore drive from Letchworth to Broomfield every day. If we move further afield than Letchworth (which is an hour-and-a-quarter drive) or if I don't pass my test, plans may have to change. But I like my job, and don't want to have to leave it unless it's really necessary.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
3. New house?
4. What will you do differently in '09?
I want to be more organised.
5. New Year's resolution?
6. What will you not be doing in '09?
Having a simple life.
7. Any trips planned?
Nothing specific (the honeymoon's lined up tentatively for March 2010), but a holiday with Sarah would be nice.
8. Wedding plans?
9. What's on your calendar?
I think marrying and moving house is enough. Hopefully making it with Sarah to Redemption, and also there's EasterCon (which I've booked for but haven't sorted out a hotel). A couple more conventions and a holiday would be good, but nothing's set in stone.
10. What can't you wait for?
The wedding. After the wedding when we don't have to plan for it any more will be nice!
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
People (mentioning no names) being less unpleasant.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
My marital status, my address. I hope to be able to put my depression somewhere behind me, and to learn a computer programming language (C++ or C#, probably), and to get my house tidy and organised. And to take and pass a driving test.
13. What happened in '08 that you didn't think would ever happen?
Nothing, to be honest.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I hope I always am.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in '08?
Only on September 19th.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I'd like to start, in a moderate way - wine for occasional family gatherings, and possibly whisky (seeing Stephen Fry enthuse about it on Stephen Fry in America made me rather keen to try it out). But it'll only be a very occasional thing.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I'd say it's improved over the year as I've realised just how important my family is. It's never perfect, though, so any improvement would be a good thing.
18. Will you do charity work?
Don't know. Doubt it, but never say never.
19. Will you go to bars?
Define "bars". I go to pubs from time to time.
20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
Depends on whether they're nice to me. If they're not, then I probably wouldn't want to know them.
21. Do you expect 2009 to be a good year for you?
Yes, I hope so.
22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
I don't think I did, particularly. I guess I've become a little more jaded and cynical.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
Not plan as such. It'd be nice, but I doubt it'd happen in 2009. In 2010 or later, who knows?
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I hope so.
26. Will you be moving?
Yes. See above!
27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in '09 that happened this year?
If I could wave a magic wand, I'd ensure Sarah was healthy all of the time. She's had a crap Christmas.
28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
If she's moderately healthy, spending it quietly with Sarah. Otherwise, possibly spending it quietly with my mum and stepdad.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. Wish for 2009?
That the move and the wedding and the driving test (whenever that happens) go well.