I'll be taking my iPhone, but only using it for web access if there's wifi in the area (otherwise, it's a good way of getting stung by a hefty charge when I get back to England, as I discovered to my chagrin when we went to America...). I will, however, be using it to catch up on episodes of Chuck during the flight there and back!
So, unless I get wi-fi (the boat we're on, that's possible) or some kind of cybercafé, I might not be posting much over the next fortnight. Or indeed reading much. Which I'll miss. I know, I shouldn't be so addicted to teh interwebz, but there y'go.
Anyway, thought I'd just give a little breakdown of what the honeymoon schedule looks like.
- Monday April 26th: Fly from Gatwick to Luxor, and then transfer to the MS RA I, the rather luxurious boat which will be our home for the next 7 days.
- Tuesday April 27th: Morning visit to the Valley of the Kings. Sail to Esna for overnight.
- Wednesday April 28th: Sail to Edfu and visit the temple there. Sail to Kom Ombo for a guided our of the temple. Sail to Aswan for overnight.
- Thursday April 29th: Morning excursion to the High Dam, and by boat to the Temple of Philae. Afternoon Felucca ride on Nile.
- Friday April 30th: Morning free in Aswan. We're taking the option of an excursion by air to Abu Simbel.
- Saturday May 1st: Afternoon sail back to Kom Ombo and Edfu for overnight.
- Sunday May 2nd: Sail to Luxor. Optional evening performance of the Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple.
- Monday May 3rd: Morning visit to Karnak and Luxor Temples. Evening transfer to the station for the overnight sleeper train to Cairo in two-berth compartment.
- Tuesday May 4th: Transfer to Giza for morning, including visit to the Pyramids and the Sphinx, then to the Movenpick Pyramids Resort Hotel in Giza for the next three nights.
- Wednesday May 5th: Visit to the Egyptian museum. Afternoon free. Optional evening visit to the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids. (We've no definite plans, but I'd like to go to at least one of the Sound and Light Shows...)
- Thursday May 6th: Full day free. Mentions an optional visit to Alexandria. Might do that, might just mooch in Cairo. Might write that epic Doctor Who fic that I mentioned a few months back...
- Friday May 7th: Morning transfer to Cairo Airport for flight back to Heathrow. (Yes, we're flying out of Gatwick and into Heathrow. This should make life interesting...)
- Saturday May 8th: Catch up with Livejournal, Ashes to Ashes, Doctor Who, and Have I Got News For You. And anything else I've missed while I've been away..! (It doesn't actually say that on the itinerary, I'm just guessing...)
So...see you all when we get back. I'm looking forward to it immensely!