Went to Egypt.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made a New Year's Resolution to do more vidding, and failed spectacularly. However, I'm making it again this year. Also, to do more reading. And writing too (either small fics or one of my novels).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, thanks to Sarah's sister I have another niece.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. One of Sarah's aunts died, but I didn't really know her.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A decent state of mental health. My iMac repaired or replaced.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The honeymoon, absolutely.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying fairly sane.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing any vidding.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing that wasn't already ongoing.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Thanks to our wedding guests, we were able to afford the wonderful honeymoon in Egypt. Also, a fair few items have disappeared from my Amazon wishlist, and some I've now received. By the end of the year, I should have full season box sets of The X Files, Blake's 7, and Babylon 5, to name just three.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Sarah's, and my family and friends in general.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
Fortunately, I'm no longer in contact with the people who've upset me most in the past. Unfortunately, I still think of them from time to time, but that's more my fault than anything else.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Stuff knows. Well, actually, loads of DVDs and books and a Dalek army.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The honeymoon. Moving house. The birthday trip to see Tron: Legacy, which happened despite the best efforts of the British weather.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2010?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier, I think.
b) fatter or skinnier?
c) richer or poorer?
Financially, about the same (which is wrong, because I've got less outgoing payments than I had a year ago...)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Saving money. Vidding. Writing. Reading. Being organised.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
With Sarah at our nice new home, having traditional Christmas dinner and opening our presents to each other (and some from our family), and watching Doctor Who. Then to my dad's for Boxing Day.
If Sarah is ill on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (as she has been for the last couple of years) neither of us will be very happy. Illness - you have been warned.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Every day I fall more in love with Sarah.
22. How many one night stands?
None, thank you very much.
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
Doctor Who, Fringe, Merlin, Supernatural, Chuck, Leverage. Probably several others.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Midnight Mayor by Kate Griffin.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A new home, and all my books and DVDs neatly in shelves so I can pull one of them out when I want to read/watch it.
28. What did you want and not get?
My iMac repaired.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Either Going the Distance or Tron: Legacy.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Went to Sheffield with Sarah and Zoe, met up with Misha and Becky and Tony up there, and then went to the cinema to see Tron: Legacy. Received lots of lovely presents, including the complete Babylon 5 on DVD and a lovely remote control Ironside Dalek for my army.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting the iMac repaired.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
33. What kept you sane?
Sarah, my friends, and my family, all do a pretty good job of that.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Bradley James and Katie McGrath. Stuff Merlin, can we just make it the Arthur and Morgana show??!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole thing where the LibDems have gone back on a lot of their pre-election promises. Until this year, I was giving serious thought to joining them, but now I think I'll join the Labour party instead.
36. Who do you miss?
My ex, still. Charlotte Coleman, not as much as I did but even so. I think I'm mostly over the death of my grandma, but every so often I think of her and realise there's a little gap inside where she's missing.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't recall the precise dates, but I'm sure I've met some new folks on LJ.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
I had my fish soup a few times throughout the year. And the wonderful cake Zoe made for my birthday was fabulous.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
No new lessons, but I keep being reminded that family and friends matter.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"We're moving, so moving/So we are a boy, we are are a girl..."