1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
"I really need to get a haircut".
2. How much cash do you have on you?
About £30:00, I think, in a combination of notes and loose change.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
4. Favorite planet?
This one - it's the only one I've spent a substantial amount of time on.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
The theme from "Chuck", which is the default.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
One my mum got for me from Debenham's - it's a Mantaray brand, they're quite nice, not least because they come in my size. Which is always handy. And they look fairly smart for work.
8. Do you label yourself?
Yeah. Liberal, socialist, Christian, geek, nerd, fanboy, fangirl, husband, son, brother, uncle, cousin. Probably several others...
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Brand? They're just shoes.
10. Bright or Dark Room?
I don't really like either extreme. Just a room I can see clearly in without having to strain my eyes, will do me fine.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
He writes good books.
12. What does your watch look like?
These days I don't own one. Ostensibly because the battery needs repairing, and has done for several months, but heck, I'm finding I can make do with my iPhone so it's becoming something of an irrelevance. Although it does feel a bit odd without it.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
14. What did your last text message you received on your mobile say?
It was from a service I've started following that tells me how many people have unfollowed me on Twitter.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
At home, that'll be the local Tesco, on the Henry Wells Square - about a ten minute walk from our house.
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
"Actually". I say that quite a bit, actually.
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
Probably Sarah, but I can't remember when exactly. I tend to be fairly expressive emotionally, Sarah less so.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
As we don't have pets, probably my teddy bear. Yes, I still have my teddy bear despite being 41 years old. I've had it since I was about 2, and I'm not getting rid of it now. Him, sorry.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Only prescription ones, Citalopram and Metformin.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
I have a couple that have been kicking around for years that I've been meaning to get done. How long does film last for? I've a feeling they may be past it, but I'm determined to get it done, just for the sense of achievement that'll give me.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
Sometime when I was younger and more innocent. I seem to remember enjoying being 18.
22. Your worst enemy?
I don't really do "enemies".
23. What is your current desktop picture:
At home, I don't have one. At work, that one that did the rounds a few months back of the crew of Serenity in Starfleet costumes.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
Can't remember. Probably just a casual greeting to one of my work colleagues.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
I'd go with the million bucks. I need the money. Although I'd probably give a lot of that away to charity.
26. Do you like someone?
I like a lot of people.
27. The last song you listened to?
Dunno. I've mainly been listening to The Now Show on my iPod at work, and to Three Counties Radio in the car. So the latest song was probably something by Mitch Benn.
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What’s your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
Chelmsford, with my parents.
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Yeah, creatively talented people - writers and musicans, mainly. I often wish that I could write a good novel or write and record a good pop tune. And sing it well. I've dabbled in both fields, but I know my limits.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Wouldn't have thought so.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work - I'd only started there the week before. I was still at the Chelmsford site then, but I'm pretty sure the desk location I was at was - after a lot of changing around over the years - the same one I was at when I left there this June.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
It happens infrequently, and it's never more than about 20p at a time, so I tend not to do anything. If it was more than that, I expect I'd lodge some sort of formal complaint.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
I try to be. Whether I succeed or not, I've no idea. But I hope I don't seem unkind to anybody, because if I do, I'm screwing up somewhere.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I don't think I'd want one, really. If I absolutely had to, maybe on my shoulder, where hardly anyone would see it.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
C++, Perl or Java.
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
I can only echo lonemagpie here - I did. Admittedly not far in the grand scheme of things, although it has to be said, I'd have been happy staying somewhere in Chelmsford. Sarah was adamant that Essex was a no-no.
39. Are you touchy feely?
I can be very huggy.
40. What’s your life motto?
In the words of the Brigadier - I just do the best I can.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
At all times? Nothing. But most of the time, glasses, wedding ring, and chain with ankh that's got Sarah's name on it.
42. What’s your favorite town/city?
Chelmsford. Growing to love Hemel Hempstead, though.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
A Snickers bar out of the machine at work.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Personally, ages ago. I used to have a lot of penfriends and write fan letters a lot, but these days most of my correspondence is by email. Professionally, writing (or at least form generating with Mail Merge) letters and sending them is something I do a lot of every day.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Erm...probably not, actually! I can certainly check the oil levels, but I'm not I've ever learned how to change the oil. If I have, I've forgotten it. I may have to get Sarah to teach me.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Define "first love," then I can work who that might mean...
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
My mum has traced various of our ancestors back, IIRC, to the 17th century, but she hits a lots of walls, unfortunately.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
On the honeymoon, we had a galabeya party.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Yeah, my shoulders are in a bit of pain, and my left knee. A bit of tiger balm would be a good idea.
50. Have you been burned by love?