According to my profile, my LJ was created on October 13th, 2003 (although there are at least a couple of entries backdated to before then).
Roughly speaking, things in my life that have happened:
- The start of my convention-going career proper (after a couple of one-day Quantum Leap cons back in the mid-90s), with my first (and the last) Panopticon, followed a few months later by Doctor Who and the Daleks II up in Liverpool, where I met blazingskies for the first time. WHich was cool.
- Met huntingospray in October 2004, started going out with her a few weeks later, got engaged in summer 2006, got married in summer 2009. Still happy together. Yay!
- Largely related to the above - moved out of the house I was sharing in Chelmsford with Tim, moved most of my possessions into a storage lock-up near Barking, whilst I went to Bishop's Stortford, then back to Chelmsford with Tim, then to Chorleywood with Sarah and her mum, and finally to Hemel Hempstead to our nice new home.
- As a direct result of being on LJ, I've met a lot of wonderful people who I probably wouldn't have otherwise met. Given general issues I have with shyness IRL and over the 'phone, it's given me quite a lovely, and mainly SF/fantasy convention-based, social life.
- Been diagnosed with depression and diabetes. Gradually doing stuff about the former. Really ought to do more about the latter...
Generally, I think my life is better now than it was when I started on LJ.