How long have you been on Livejournal? What major life changes has LiveJournal witnessed?
According to my profile, my LJ was created on October 13th, 2003 (although there are at least a couple of entries backdated to before then).
Roughly speaking, things in my life that have happened:
- The start of my convention-going career proper (after a couple of one-day Quantum Leap cons back in the mid-90s), with my first (and the last) Panopticon, followed a few months later by Doctor Who and the Daleks II up in Liverpool, where I met blazingskies for the first time. WHich was cool.
- Met huntingospray in October 2004, started going out with her a few weeks later, got engaged in summer 2006, got married in summer 2009. Still happy together. Yay!
- Largely related to the above - moved out of the house I was sharing in Chelmsford with Tim, moved most of my possessions into a storage lock-up near Barking, whilst I went to Bishop's Stortford, then back to Chelmsford with Tim, then to Chorleywood with Sarah and her mum, and finally to Hemel Hempstead to our nice new home.
- As a direct result of being on LJ, I've met a lot of wonderful people who I probably wouldn't have otherwise met. Given general issues I have with shyness IRL and over the 'phone, it's given me quite a lovely, and mainly SF/fantasy convention-based, social life.
- Been diagnosed with depression and diabetes. Gradually doing stuff about the former. Really ought to do more about the latter...
Generally, I think my life is better now than it was when I started on LJ.